This project is read-only.

Problem with bold Text

Nov 6, 2009 at 3:01 PM

Hi

Thank you for this Project.

I want to use it in a project at our school.

Now i found a problem.

I have this Text:

"F1: Die Studierenden kennen die Bedeutung von Standardanwendungen.<br />

F2: Die Studierenden kennen die Bedeutung und Eigenschaften von Enterprise Resource Planning-, Customer Relationship Management-, Workflow Management Systemen und ICT- Betriebs Standardanwendungen und können diese beurteilen.<br />

F3: Die Studierenden kennen die Voraussetzungen und die Kriterien für einen Einsatz von Standardanwendungen.<br />

F4: Die Studierenden kennen wesentliche Aufgaben aus dem Projektmanagement im Zusammenhang mit Standardanwendungen und deren Einführung, Customizing und Konfiguration, Betrieb und Administration.<br />

F5: Die Studierenden kennen die spezielle Bedeutung der Businessanalyse und des Requirements- Management sowie des Spannungsfeldes - Standard- vs individuelle Geschäftsprozesse - beim Einsatz von Standardsoftware.<br />

F6: Die Studierenden haben einige praktische Erfahrungen gesammelt.<br />

F7: Die Studierenden kennen die Integrationsproblematik (Modularisierung und Schnittstellen) und mögliche Lösungsansätze beim Einsatz von Standardanwendungen.<br />

F8: Die Studierenden können eine „make or buy“ Entscheidung treffen und Standardanwendungen evaluieren."

 

the new text:

 

"F1: Die Studierenden kennen die  von Standardanwendungen.<br />

  F2: Die Studierenden kennen die Bedeutung und Eigenschaften von Enterprise Resource Planning-, Customer Relationship Management-, Workflow Management Systemen und ICT- Betriebs Standardanwendungen und können diese beurteilen.<br />

  F3: Die Studierenden kennen die Voraussetzungen und die Kriterien für einen Einsatz von Standardanwendungen.<br />

  F4: Die Studierenden kennen <strong>wesentliche</strong> Aufgaben aus dem Projektmanagement <strong>ist</strong> ein super Ding im Zusammenhang mit Standardanwendungen und deren Einführung, Customizing und Konfiguration, Betrieb und Administration.<br />

  F5: Die Studierenden kennen die spezielle Bedeutung der Businessanalyse und des Requirements- Management sowie des Spannungsfeldes - Standard- vs individuelle Geschäftsprozesse - beim Sturz von Standardsoftware.<br />

  F6: Die Studierenden haben einige praktische Erfahrungen gesammelt.<br />

  F7: Der Studierende kennen die Integrationsproblematik (Modularisierung und Schnittstellen) und mögliche Lösungsansätze beim Einsatz von Standardanwendungen.<br />

F8: Die Studierenden können eine „make or buy“ Entscheidung treffen und Standardanwendungen evaluieren.";

 

 

your tool did not find out that "wesentliche" now is bold. But it find out that "ist" ist now bold

 

Do you have any idea what the problem can be?


Nov 6, 2009 at 3:54 PM

Hi,

The original algorithm is meant to detect content differences between two HTML snippets. I think the fact that it did not highlight the bold text is a feature but perhaps not desirable in your case. I will have a look at the code over the weekend and will post my suggestions.

 

Nov 11, 2009 at 2:01 PM

Hi Rohland

 

Did you find a solution for my problem?

 

Thank you!

Nov 11, 2009 at 10:56 PM
Edited Nov 11, 2009 at 10:57 PM

Hi,

I did have a crack at it. I implemented a subtle change to deal with markup changes that affect how the HTML is rendered. For example the <strong>, <b> and <i> tags affect the rendered HTML in terms of what the output looks like but obviously don't affect the actual inner content. With more time I think I could come up with a more elegant solution, but for now the diff algorithm now implements a special case for the tags outlined above. The change is experimental as I have not tested it in great detail. Please check out the latest version and let me know if you run into any issues. Please note that I did update the demo page and stylesheet.

Cheers.

 

-- Edit: I did not update the release, so ensure you check out the latest code from the repository.

Nov 12, 2009 at 8:16 AM

Late night last night, introduced a minor bug with the rendered output. A removed special tag was persisting in the rendered output.

I have also added support for a few more tags. Please checkout the latest version to benefit from these changes.